What is the Beginning of Wisdom

   The title of this blog comes from the book Real Christianity by William Wilberforce. In his book in chapter four he discusses what the beginning of wisdom is:

"The problem that we see in our time is that because there is so little reverence for or sense of the holiness of God, we have no basis on which to take sin seriously. It is the understanding of the greatness of God that creates in the human heart the desire to please him in all things and tries not to offend Him in anything. Such an attitude knows no arbitrary levels of offense. This is why such an attitude is called "the beginning of wisdom" in the Bible (Ps.111:10; see also Prov. 1.7)

   It is my hope that in creating this blog I can honor God in what I write and hope to help others that may struggle with the same things I do. This blog will discuss theology, books I have read that have made an impact on my Christian life, real world issues and problems and how we face them as Christians. In addition, this blog will from time to time link to other blogs of whose opinions have helped to shape my thinking and who I would hope will be beneficial to you the reader. It is my hope that all that I will write will be pleasing and honoring to God and helpful to my fellow Christians.

   I look forward to interacting with you the reader of my blog and welcome any comments, suggestions and improvements for the blog or its contents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you a Cultural Christian?

It's Been a While.......